If you’ve ever been in a gym, chances are that you’ll have come across the Concept2 Indoor Rower. This piece of equipment can be found in gyms, rowing clubs, schools and Olympic training centres around the world.
Rowing is impact-free and the intensity is completely user-controlled, meaning you can row as hard or as easily as you want, making it suitable for people of all ages and abilities. Participants find rowing to be the best low-impact, full-body workout available, as:
- It provides a superb aerobic workout.
- It exercises every major muscle group.
- It’s a time efficient form of exercise and an excellent stress reliever.
- It’s weight-supporting and non-jarring, so ideal for rehabilitative exercise.
- It can be a very effective fat burning and weight loss exercise.
- It’s a lifelong exercise, suitable for people of all ages.
- It provides a smooth, rhythmic movement that is both safe and enjoyable.
Cardiff Rowing Centre’s half day course is open to people of all ages and levels of fitness and experience. It teaches beginners and more experienced participants how to improve their technique and gain more from using the machine.
The course develops four core skills:
- Introducing someone with no previous rowing experience to the machine and teaching them how to row with good technique.
- Identifying and correcting the most common technical faults.
- Outlining the basic functions of the performance monitor to attain the best use of the machine.
- Helping individuals set and achieve realistic yet challenging goals.
For further information, please contact Mike Hnatiw: